CBX 500® Multiservice WAN Switch
The widely deployed 5 Gbps Nokia CBX 500® Multiservice WAN Switch delivers carrier-class ATM, frame relay, circuit emulation, and IP services. Support for a wide range of input/output (I/O) modules and a distributed I/O module-based processing design enable the CBX 500 switch to offer high port and service densities from a compact chassis.
Flow control conserves network resources by using switch-to-switch signaling to manage congestion at the network edge. The high-performance switching fabric, modular architecture, and cross-point technology enable you to cost-effectively grow your edge network.
Use the CBX 500® Multiservice WAN Switch to cost-effectively aggregate Layer 2 and Layer 3 edge services.
- Scale, simplify and consolidate public networks
- Avoid costly overlay networks by adding IP services to your existing ATM and frame relay network
- Generate new revenue opportunities with flexible bandwidth services based on Inverse Multiplexing over ATM, multilink frame relay, and subrate capabilities
- Gain voice, video, and data support that is flexible enough to capitalize on new market opportunities
- Leverage limited real estate and simplify your physical plant with high-density service modules
- Simplify network operations and speed service activation with end-to-end network and service management
- Differentiate ATM, frame relay, IP and MPLS services with Quality of Service (QoS), and preserve Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Benefit from proven, carrier-class performance and reliability
The scalable, reliable CBX 500® Multiservice WAN Switch supports multiple services with unified network management.
High-port density, multiservice support, and proven reliability deliver superior price/performance
- Supports a wide range of high-speed, high-density service modules, including 8-port T3/E3, 4-port OC-3c/STM-1 modules and 1-port OC-12/STM-4 modules
- Interchangeable service modules with the CBX 3500® Multiservice Edge Switch provide greater investment protection and flexibility
- High port-densities, high VC support and distributed routing and signal processing increase scalability
- Flow control gives you the tools to run rt-VBR (real-time - Variable Bit Rate), nrt-VBR, ABR (Available Bit Rate) and UBR (Unspecified Bit Rate), and ensure fairness in the network for all services
Fault-tolerant architecture delivers proven carrier-class reliability and service availability
- Redundancy protection for key modules: 1+1 Automatic Protection Switching (APS)/Multiplex Section Protection (MSP) on SONET/SDH interfaces help support non-service impacting upgrades and protect against card failures
- Routing and signaling protection: Distributed routing and signaling control help avoid single points of failure. If a network or service disruption occurs, priority-based routing of hundreds of thousands of circuits per second quickly restores services
- Reliable architecture: Fully redundant hardware, control, and power components protect against hardware failures and reduce network downtime. If a failure occurs, automatic failover, Stratum 3 holdover timing and hot-swappable modules can restore services quickly without losing data
Robust software architecture helps reduce costs and simplifies network management
- The carrier-class, feature rich MXOS™ Multiservice Switch Operating Software simultaneously supports ATM, frame relay, and IP services – providing exceptional reliability, service flexibility, and investment protection.
- Proactive network data collection and analysis tools can reduce operating costs by quickly identifying problems with the potential to disrupt services.
- Management software offers extensive configuration, performance management, point-click-done provisioning and security support for multiple services from a single platform.