AirScale Radio Access reboots radio access for infinite capacity, invisible sites and instant innovation
Is your network ready for the 5G era? View our webinar on demand to find out how it can be done.
The mobile industry as we know it is going through a radical transformation. Just think about augmented reality, smart cities, mobile living, the Internet of Things with billions of sensors, connected cars, e-health – the list goes on.
As the future becomes ever more unpredictable, the key requirements for mobile networks are agility and adaptability. This adaptability is most effective if it takes place automatically, in the background. From network elements to mobile phone apps, we often take technology for granted, without realizing what really happens behind the scenes.
Nokia is responding to all the challenges with AirScale Radio Access, an entirely new way to build radio access networks that deliver services with unlimited capacity scaling and market-leading latency and connectivity
The AirScale Radio Access solution comprises of:
- AirScale Base Station including new RF elements and system modules
- AirScale Active Antennas for lean site solutions and massive MIMO
- AirScale Cloud RAN with AirScale Cloud Base Station Server and the Nokia AirScale RNC running on Nokia AirFrame cloud infrastructure
- AirScale Wi-Fi , including Wi-Fi Access points and AirScale Wi-Fi Controller running on Nokia AirFrame hardware
- Common software across Nokia’s radio access
- Management for AirScale Cloud RAN
- Services use intelligent analytics and extreme automation to maximise the performance of hybrid networks
Take a deeper dive and find out what AirScale is all about in our videos:
- Closes the gap between IT and telco
- Speeds up software cycles for greater innovation and performance
- Supports all technologies, is 5G ready and Wi-Fi integrated
- Industry leading unlimited capacity and connectivity
- Scalability and agility from Cloud
- Ultra lean,invisible power efficient radio sites. Uses 60 percent less energy than even Nokia’s existing, market leading radio access platform
Mobile broadband traffic is doubling each year, while the Internet of Things will see 50 billion devices connected to mobile broadband networks in the next decade. 5G is accelerating with new requirements and frequencies for radio. Virtualization and the cloud are driving operators’ efficiency and flexibility. The demand for more efficiency, connectivity and capacity calls for radical changes to radio access.
- Nokia and University of Technology Sydney launch 5G skills accelerator08 Oct 2018
- Nokia Optical LAN solution enables South Korea's Jeju Shinhwa World to deliver superior guest experiences09 Aug 2018
- Nokia and dtac deploy first 4G TDD network for mass commercial use in Thailand12 Jul 2018
- Nokia and TeamTalk sign technology partner agreement for critical, resilient communications in New Zealand 03 May 2018
- Nokia and SKT conduct trial of LTE-based video and voice applications to enhance public safety in South Korea11 Apr 2018
Related blog posts
- There are no related blog posts.
- AirScale Executive Summary
- AirScale Base Station Executive Summary
- AirScale Cloud RAN Executive Summary
- Single RAN Executive Summary
- Services for AirScale Cloud RAN Executive Summary