AirScale Radio Access
AirScale Radio Access reboots radio access for infinite capacity, invisible sites and instant innovation
Is your network ready for the 5G era? View our webinar on demand to find out how it can be done.
The mobile industry as we know it is going through a radical transformation. Just think about augmented reality, smart cities, mobile living, the Internet of Things with billions of sensors, connected cars, e-health – the list goes on.
As the future becomes ever more unpredictable, the key requirements for mobile networks are agility and adaptability. This adaptability is most effective if it takes place automatically, in the background. From network elements to mobile phone apps, we often take technology for granted, without realizing what really happens behind the scenes.
Read our e-book to find out more.
Sometimes, the most powerful things are not designed to be noticed. At Nokia, we want to show you that with our next generation radio access there’s more to technology than meets the eye. AirScale Radio Access redefines the way radio networks are built – meeting the network needs of today, tomorrow and the future.
The new product family comprises of:
- AirScale Base Station including new RF elements and system modules
- AirScale Cloud RAN with AirScale Cloud Base Station Server running on Nokia AirFrame cloud infrastructure
- AirScale Wi-Fi , including Wi-Fi Access points and AirScale Wi-Fi Controller running on Nokia AirFrame hardware
- Common software across all elements
- Management for AirScale Cloud RAN
- Services use intelligent analytics and extreme automation to maximise the performance of hybrid networks
AirScale Radio Access is showcased live over 5G at Mobile World Congress 2016.
Take a deeper dive and find out what AirScale is all about in our video:
Find out more about our AirScale Base Station here:
- Closes the gap between IT and telco
- Speeds up software cycles for greater innovation and performance
- Supports all technologies, is 5G ready and Wi-Fi integrated
- Industry leading unlimited capacity and connectivity
- Scalability and agility from Cloud
- Ultra lean,invisible power efficient radio sites. Uses 60 percent less energy than even Nokia’s existing, market leading radio access platform
Mobile broadband traffic is doubling each year, while the Internet of Things will see 50 billion devices connected to mobile broadband networks in the next decade. 5G is accelerating with new requirements and frequencies for radio. Virtualization and the cloud are driving operators’ efficiency and flexibility. The demand for more efficiency, connectivity and capacity calls for radical changes to radio access.
- Nokia 200G optical transport solution doubles network capacity for Spark New Zealand06 Dec 2016
- Nokia launches Mobile Edge Computing-based enterprise applications19 Sep 2016
- Nokia launches extensive 'as a service' portfolio to accelerate the move by operators and enterprises to an ultra-connected world19 Sep 2016
- Nokia AirScale launch ushers in a new age of cloud-based Wi-Fi for service providers #MWC1621 Feb 2016
- 5G-ready Nokia AirScale redefines radio access, closes the gap between the IT and telco worlds #MWC1621 Feb 2016
Related blog posts
- Maintain your 3G quality – AirScale Cloud RAN can cope12 Jan 2017
- Cutting emissions is more than just a good thing to do11 Jan 2017
- Merci Nokia! SFR experiences life at the speed of 5G20 Dec 2016
- 5G mmWave – small antennas but a giant leap for mankind01 Dec 2016
- Give your radio network the freedom it deserves04 Nov 2016
#radio, #AirScale, #MWC16 from @Nokianetworks
AirScale Radio Access is Nokia’s next generation radio, designed to meet future needs. It fundamentally changes the way networks are built. It is a complete radio access generation, running on traditional Distributed RAN sites as well as Centralized and Cloud RAN. It supports open source software to close the gap between IT and telco development cycles.