AirScale Micro RRH
AirScale Micro RRH gives the capacity consumers need at lowest TCO
The telecoms industry is undergoing a fundamental change by introducing new technologies and architectures to satisfy promises and expectations. Radio access is evolving from the traditional Distributed RAN architecture to Centralized RAN enabling cell densification and virtualization in a cost-efficient manner, a pre-requisite for ubiquitous ultra-broadband for everyone with a new level of service introduction agility. AirScale Micro Remote Radio Head (RRH) allows operators to build both outdoor and indoor networks with the right cell size for their location, allowing them to manage costs and build the capacity they need, where it’s needed.
AirScale Micro RRH increases the flexibility of the AirScale Baseband Unit by providing diverse and versatile deployment options.
- Managed cell costs with right size radio for right purpose
- Optimized cell size with right power level per location and use case
- Reduced OPEX with common operation & management system
- AirScale baseband driving all radios/ baseband hoteling
- Seamless HetNet macro/micro coordination
- 4.5G/4.5G Pro/4.9G technology readiness
- Enables communication service providers (CSP’s) to increase capacity and improve coverage in dense areas, where equipment space comes at a premium
- Small footprint, more capacity and less power consumption drive towards meaningful savings in operational costs
Use cases: Dense urban hot spots, grey/white spots, indoor coverage, indoor/outdoor mass events, seamless carrier aggregation with overlaying macro
- Nokia to improve capacity and coverage of Zain Iraq's network for Zeyara and beyond11 Oct 2017
- Nokia expands private wireless network portfolio to support enterprises in their digital transformation07 Sep 2017
- Nokia puts operators on path to 5G by boosting 4G performance06 Sep 2017
- Nokia enhances emergency service response times and situational awareness with ViTrust critical communications portfolio16 May 2017
- Nokia collaborates with the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority to pave way for safe and sustainable drone operations in the country21 Nov 2016
Related blog posts
#smallcells from @Nokianetworks
With the move from the traditional Distributed RAN architecture to Centralized RAN, networks are becoming denser and based on virtualized functions. Using the AirScale Micro RRH, operators can build the cost-effective networks they need, providing exactly the right capacity where customers demand it.