AirScale Base Station
You can't see the future, but this base station helps you to be ready for it
Is your network ready for the 5G era? View our webinar on demand, to find out how you can make your network future proof.
AirScale Base Station is compact, yet delivers huge capacity and connectivity to support future traffic growth as your network evolves to 5G and IoT. A key part of AirScale Radio Access, the base station is easy to install and gives you the flexibility to run all radio technologies, including 5G, and support all network topologies, including Cloud RAN.
The base station offers 28 Gbps capacity per System Module, which can be extended by simply chaining modules together. Even more capacity can be added from the cloud. AirScale Base Station also includes single band and multiband radio heads, including the world’s first triple band radio. Thanks to their compact size, energy efficiency, high output power and multiband capabilities, the radios help to reduce the site space requirement and allow faster roll out while lowering the total cost of ownership (TCO). These can support carrier aggregation, 4x4 MIMO and 8x4 Beamforming to maximize the cell throughput and capacity for an enhanced overall user-experience.
- Any radio technology – software defined support for GSM, WCDMA, FDD LTE, TDD LTE, 4.5G Pro, 4.9G and 5G
- Supports any network topology - Distributed RAN, Centralized RAN and Cloud RAN
- Scalable - expand baseband capacity by chaining system modules and using AirScale Cloud RAN
- Highest availability - platform with built in hexa-resiliency
- Easy and fast to install with Nokia OneClip zero bolt installation
- 60% more energy efficient than earlier generation base stations
- Maximum re-use of existing network assets – backwards compatible with Flexi Base Station
AirScale Base Station is adaptable and powerful, able to meet your future needs as you move into the era of 5G, cloud and IoT. Not only does it deliver high quality connectivity and coverage for unprecedented user experience, but it enables you to evolve your network as and when needed to meet changing requirements.
- Nokia puts operators on path to 5G by boosting 4G performance06 Sep 2017
- Nokia and KDDI trial 5G with AirScale radio for wireless ultra-broadband in megacities 12 May 2017
- Nokia studies outline business return-on-investment from 5G services18 Apr 2017
- Nokia and TIM extend technology partnership in Brazil to expand 4G LTE network in 700 MHz spectrum band15 Mar 2017
- Nokia and Intel launch 5G acceleration labs in US and Finland to help operators bring 5G innovations to market21 Feb 2017
Related blog posts
#AirScale, #MWC17, #SingleRAN from @Nokianetworks
AirScale Base Station changes the way networks are built. It efficiently enriches the user experience and rapidly evolves to different radio access technologies or network architectures to meet future demands and help operators to maximize their new business opportunities.