7950 Extensible Routing System
Stay a step ahead of evolving service demands on the IP core
The Nokia 7950 Extensible Routing System (XRS) is a next-generation routing platform that can help you sustain profitable growth in a highly competitive and constantly changing market. It delivers the scale, efficiency, and versatility you need to address evolving service demands driven by the cloud, LTE/5G, and the Internet of Things.
Drawing on our proven silicon, software, and systems integration innovations, the 7950 XRS lets you build a core network with enough headroom to meet capacity demands well into the next decade. On one common platform you can cost effectively address your IP routing, internet peering, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), and infrastructure service requirements.
The 7950 XRS has been deployed by telecom, cable, mobile, utility and private network operators of all sizes. It is also the trusted routing platform of major Web-scale operators and internet exchange providers around the world.
Use our breakthrough silicon innovations, software and systems to modernize your IP network and seize new opportunities presented by the cloud, 5G and the IoT.
Scaling your IP core with the Nokia 7950 XRS
Supports all services on one platform
- Addresses the full range of core routing requirements on common hardware
- Enables you to build a versatile, reliable, and converged core network that evolves with your needs and protects your hardware investments
- Leverages our resilient and feature-rich Service Router Operating System (SROS) and industry-leading 2.4 Tb/s FP4 routing silicon
- Features a flexible, pay-as-you-go software licensing model
- Uses a modular and extensible hardware design that ensures granular and economical scaling up to 96 Tb/s HD capacity in a standard 19” rack
- Delivers up to 120 400G clear channel interfaces or 480 100GE ports in a single chassis, with flexible 10GE and 40GE break-out options
- Designed to scale out to up to 0.576 Pb/s in a 7950 XRS-XC configuration
Eases IP/optical integration
- Eliminates the need for optical transponders with tunable 10GE and 100GE DWDM optics that interface directly with the photonic transport layer
- Addresses higher DWDM connectivity needs with minimal cost and operational complexity with an optical extension shelf based on the 1830 Photonic Service Switch
- Leverages a standards-based GMPLS user–network interface to efficiently coordinate IP routing and transport requirements and dynamically set up optical segments and end-to-end transport connections
Enables cross-domain management
- Uses the 5620 Service Aware Manager to integrate and orchestrate network management operations across the IP core, service edge, and optical transport domains
Supports carrier SDN integration
- Enables multivendor SDN control integration through OpenFlow, PCEP, BGP-LS and NETCONF/YANG interfaces
- Works with the Network Services Platform to unify service automation and network optimization across the IP, MPLS, Ethernet, and optical transport layers
The Nokia 7950 XRS addresses the core routing, switching, peering, and infrastructure service needs of all network operators. Combining scalability, efficiency, and versatility, it delivers the IP backbone and metro core network functionality you need with fewer systems and lower overhead costs.