7705 Service Aggregation Router
Multiservice access and aggregation for mobile backhaul and mission-critical networks
Designed to facilitate legacy to packet transformation, the Nokia 7705 SAR is ideal for fixed and mobile operators seeking mobile backhaul solutions as well as for industries, enterprises and governments delivering legacy and advanced IP services.
The 7705 SAR is available in multiple compact platforms that reduce equipment footprint and energy costs. These platforms deliver highly available services over a wide variety of network topologies. Strong QoS capabilities deliver customer satisfaction and the ability to differentiate service levels.
As a member of the industry-leading Nokia Service Router product portfolio, the 7705 SAR runs the Nokia Service Router Operating System (SR OS) and is managed by the 5620 Service Aware Manager for high performance end-to-end service delivery and management.
Equips networks for future needs
- Accommodates bandwidth growth needs with unprecedented IP and MPLS scale
- Enables seamless migration from circuit-based to IP/MPLS-based transport to lower operating costs and add new services
- Supports multiple services over a wide range of transport media
- Extends service routing to remote sites, hubs and network edges in rugged, compact platforms
Increases service delivery reliability
- Deep buffering and both ingress and egress shaping provide excellent packet routing performance with differentiated service treatment
- Microsecond timing and accurate synchronization support mobile base station requirements and the migration of TDM-based services onto the packet network
- Provides network reconvergence in tens of milliseconds using a strong suite of dynamic routing and recovery capabilities
- One-for-one hitless control and switch module failover
Safeguards against cyber attacks
- 7705 SAR firewall is application aware and mitigates attacks such as DNS/ICMP replay
- Encryption removes man-in-the-middle attacks by dropping packets that can’t be decrypted
- Security features introduce minimum latency and achieve high throughout
The 7705 SAR network group encryption capability won the Smart Grid, Metering and Infrastructure Security Award at the Smart Energy UK and European Summit in 2016.
The 7705 SAR won recognition from the electricity industry in 2015 as Smart Grid Product of the Year. See more on how Nokia IP Routing products are providing solutions for Smart Grids.
Frost & Sullivan recognized the 7705 SAR in 2015 for its key role in Cyber Security solutions for Utilities, under the “New Product Innovation Award.”
In 2012, the 7705 SAR won best Carrier Ethernet Mobile Backhaul Product at the Carrier Ethernet Awards. Find out more about how Nokia IP Routing products are providing solutions in LTE backhaul, as well as backhaul for heterogenous networks.
SReXperts Demo Videos playlist (Madrid 2015)
The Nokia 7705 Service Aggregation Router (SAR) delivers industry-leading IP/MPLS and pseudowire capabilities in compact platforms with the ability to reliably groom and aggregate multiple media, service and transport protocols onto an economical packet transport infrastructure.