7705 Service Aggregation Router
Multiservice access and aggregation for mobile backhaul and mission-critical networks
The Nokia 7705 SAR is ideal for fixed and mobile operators seeking mobile backhaul solutions as well as for industries, enterprises and governments delivering legacy and advanced IP services.
The 7705 SAR is available in multiple compact platforms that reduce equipment footprint and energy costs. These platforms deliver highly available services over a wide variety of network topologies. Strong QoS capabilities deliver customer satisfaction and the ability to differentiate service levels.
As a member of the industry-leading Nokia Service Router product portfolio, the 7705 SAR runs the Nokia Service Router Operating System (SR OS) and is managed by the Nokia Network Services Platform for high performance end-to-end service delivery and management.
Equips networks for future needs
- Accommodates bandwidth growth needs with unprecedented IP and MPLS scale
- Enables seamless migration from circuit-based to IP/MPLS-based transport to lower operating costs and add new services
- Supports multiple services over a wide range of transport media including microwave, optical, copper and wireless
- Extends service routing to remote sites, hubs and network edges in rugged, compact platforms
Increases service delivery reliability
- Deep buffering and both ingress and egress shaping provide excellent packet routing performance with differentiated service treatment
- Microsecond timing and accurate synchronization support mobile base station requirements and the migration of TDM-based services onto the packet network
- Provides network reconvergence in tens of milliseconds using a strong suite of dynamic routing and recovery capabilities
- One-for-one hitless control and switch module failover
Safeguards against cyber attacks
- 7705 SAR firewall is application aware and mitigates attacks such as DNS/ICMP replay
- Encryption removes man-in-the-middle attacks by dropping packets that can’t be decrypted
- Security features introduce minimum latency and achieve high throughout
Recent additions to the product family include:
7705 SAR-Hm wireless router - Utilities deploying Smart Grid applications can now use LTE/3G to wirelessly extend mission critical IP/MPLS services to grid locations in converged field area networks, bringing distribution networks into the IoT era.
7705 SAR-Ax - Designed for small cell applications, this temperature hardened, fanless router features enhanced security and timing capabilities
The 7705 SAR regularly picks up awards in mobile backhaul and mission critical industry segments.
- Smart Grid, Metering and Infrastructure Security Award for Network Group Encryption - European Smart Energy Awards, 2016
- SmartGrid product of the year 2011, 2012, 2014-2016
- 2016: Network Group Encryption
- 2015: 7705 SAR-Wx outside plant mounted access router
- New product innovation award for cyber security solutions for utilities - Frost and Sullivan, 2015
- Hot product - Association of Public Safety Communications Officials, 2014
- Best LTE Backhaul Solution - Telecoms.com, 2013 and 2014
- 7705 SAR Portfolio
- 7705 SAR legacy interface cards
- 7705 SAR-H
- 7705 SAR-HC
- 7705 SAR-W and SAR-Wx Compact Outdoor Platforms
- Conformal Coating for the Nokia 7705 SAR
- Deploying IP/MPLS Communications networks for Smart Grids
- IP/MPLS networks for highways - Infrastructures for highly-available mission-critical communications
- Mission-Critical Communications Networks for Railway Operators
- Multi-drop data bridge solution for SCADA application migration to IP/MPLS
The Nokia 7705 Service Aggregation Router (SAR) delivers industry-leading IP/MPLS and pseudowire capabilities in compact platforms with the ability to reliably groom and aggregate multiple media, service and transport protocols onto an economical packet transport infrastructure.