7450 Ethernet Service Switch
Deploy a high-performance platform for your Carrier Ethernet services
The Nokia 7450 Ethernet Service Switch (ESS) family of Carrier Ethernet switch routers is designed to deliver advanced Carrier Ethernet services. It also provides the ideal platform for the metro Ethernet aggregation of fixed and mobile networks.
Equipped with Nokia FP3 silicon technology, the 7450 ESS combines the scalability, resiliency, and predictability of MPLS with the bandwidth economics of Ethernet. This combination allows you to deliver enhanced business services and aggregate mobile, business and residential services within the metro network.
Available in two chassis variants, the 7450 ESS supports comprehensive Carrier Ethernet and IP/MPLS capabilities for advanced Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) and Virtual Leased Line (VLL) services. It uses Nokia 7750 Service Router (SR) technology to support advanced IP services.
The 7450 ESS complies with MEF CE 2.0 to support the delivery of CE 2.0-certified services across all four MEF service types: E-LAN, E-Line, E-Tree and E-Access.
Part of our Service Router product portfolio, the 7450 ESS utilizes our Service Router Operating System (SR OS). It is managed by our 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM) for seamless integration into our IP/MPLS solutions.
Delivers high-performance Carrier Ethernet
- Scales system capacity from 2 Tb/s up to 4 Tb/s
- Provides high-density Gigabit Ethernet (GE), 10GE, 40GE, and 100GE interfaces
- Leverages the FP3 network processor to provide deterministic packet forwarding performance, even when complex processing-intensive operations are required
- Provides highly available service delivery mechanisms that maximize network stability and prevent service interruptions
Offers service innovation
- Defines and delivers on stringent SLAs by leveraging our feature-rich and highly robust SR OS
- Leverages integrated subscriber, service, and application intelligence that enables differentiated service capabilities
- Supports tens of thousands of service flows without compromising performance
Provides investment protection
- Leverages the 7750 Service Router to support advanced IP services
- Enables full asset utilization for existing Carrier Ethernet services while creating opportunities to expand revenues with IP services
- Uses the 5620 SAM to integrate and orchestrate network management operations across the metro, access, edge, and core domains
- Consolidates multiple services on one common Carrier Ethernet platform
The Nokia 7450 ESS can help you drive network evolution and generate new revenue. The platform offers multi-terabit capacity, leading port density, extensive carrier Ethernet and IP/MPLS capabilities, and leading high availability attributes. It provides the simple and flexible routing platform you need to deliver compelling CE and IP services.