1830 Photonic Service Switch
Optimize optical networks to meet unpredictable traffic demands
Support next-generation DWDM multiservice, multilayer P-OTN transport with the Nokia 1830 Photonic Service Switch (PSS).
Our 1830 PSS platforms let you deploy services rapidly, reduce network TCO, and extend network lifecycles. They transform traditional DWDM into a flexible transport layer with capabilities such as 100G–500G transport wavelengths, agile wavelength routing, and scalable multilayer switching and services.
The 1830 PSS portfolio helps you optimize optical networks to meet unpredictable traffic demands. Our platforms provide efficient transport at any scale, from compact access to the converged Optical Transport Network (OTN)/DWDM core. They support a wide range of applications and services, including:
- Metro and long-haul transport
- Broadband backhaul
- Data center interconnect
- Multicast video
- Carrier Ethernet
- Wavelength services
We’ve built the 1830 PSS platforms around our Photonic Service Engine 2 (PSE-2) digital signal processors. These processors enable a 100G-connected world by supporting efficient, high-performance 100G–500G wavelength transport.
The 1830 PSS provides intelligent and reliable network control through distributed GMPLS and centralized SDN control options. These capabilities let you maximize network capacity and efficiency while enabling the rapid deployment of differentiated services.
Minimizes TCO with a flexible platform that addresses a wide range of transport applications
- Provides efficient optical transport for any application, fiber type, and reach
- Supports unconstrained service grooming at the wavelength, port, and sub-port levels
- Offers enhanced packet optical transport features, including CDC-F wavelength routing, Carrier Ethernet 2.0-certified services, wavelength and sub-wavelength services, and highly secure low-latency encrypted wavelengths
Reduces network TCO with integrated photonic, OTN, and packet networking technologies
- Uses advanced PSE-2 super coherent wavelength modulation formats to maximize fiber utilization and prevent premature fiber exhaustion
- Uses integrated ultra-wideband CDC-F wavelength routing and OTN switching to optimize scaling of network capacity
- Leverages Integrated Packet Transport to provide efficient, versatile, and reliable Layer 2 Ethernet transport and services
- Applies advanced multilayer networking algorithms to reliably transport services at the most economical layer
Maximizes revenue opportunities by meeting unpredictable traffic dynamics with agility
- Supports the move to reliable and scalable 100G connectivity services with 100G-optimized multi-terabit OTN switching and flexible 100G–500G wavelength transport
- Provides tiered protection and restoration resiliency levels for value-based SLAs
- Delivers secure, low latency, and bandwidth efficient encryption for business-critical applications
- Uses Wavelength Tracker technology to simplify wavelength management, support operationally efficient planning and control for multilayer networks, and isolate faults before they impact SLAs
Our 1830 PSS platforms are optimized for a variety of network deployment environments. Each platform leverages common software, hardware, management, and control to support seamless operations across the portfolio.
The 1830-PSS 4 simplifies service delivery, speeds time to revenue, and eases bandwidth expansion in packet/OTN-based access and metro networks.
The 1830 PSS-8 and 1830 PSS-16 are optimized for multiservice metro and regional transport network applications. They support “pay as you grow” packet/OTN multiservice scale, which enables efficient delivery of multiple services while reducing network TCO.
The 1830 PSS-32 supports maximum scale for multilayer packet optical transport, including:
- CDC-F wavelength routing and photonic switching
- Large-scale 100G–500G transponder/muxponder wavelength transport
- Ultra-long-haul transport wavelength regeneration and amplification
The 1830 PSS-8x platform is optimized for metro aggregation switching applications in optical transport networks (OTNs). It provides the flexibility and efficiency required to support a metro evolution to higher capacity services.
The 1830 PSS-24x is optimized for core packet/OTN switching applications. It places industry-leading packet/OTN switching scale at international, national, regional, and metro core network locations.
The 1830 PSS-36 and 1830 PSS-64 provide terabit capacity and packet/OTN support.
- The Photonic Service Engine 2
- Double long-haul and ultra-long-haul capacity
- Ultra-Wideband Wavelength Routing solution
- Nokia Quad 10G Encryption Transponder
- 1830 PSS 500G DWDM Muxponder
- 1830 PSS 4/8/16/32
- 1830 PSS-36/64
- 1830 PSS-8x
- 1830 PSS-24x
- Maximize network capacity with Nokia Super Coherent Technologies
- Secure Optical Transport with the 1830 Photonic Service Switch
“To help operators to meet the extreme capacity demands in their optical transport networks, Nokia has introduced a comprehensive set of advanced modulation formats to deliver maximum wavelength capacities and distances. In the white paper Applications of Next-gen Coherent Modulation, I explore the benefits of these flexible modulation formats and how Nokia is delivering this technology with its programmable Photonic Service Engine 2.” –Ron Kline, Principal Analyst, Intelligent Networks at Ovum - Applications of next-gen coherent modulation
#optical from @Nokianetworks
Nokia Optical Networking technologies help optical network operators build agile and scalable networks that accelerate the delivery of mobile, video, business, wavelength, Ethernet, data center interconnect, and cloud services. The platforms in our 1830 PSS portfolio address a broad range of applications, from interconnecting data centers to efficiently scaling large multilayer and multiservice optical networks. They provide flexibility and efficiency that let you minimize network TCO while maximizing revenue and ROI.