1830 Photonic Service Demarcation
The Nokia 1830 PSD provides network demarcation and optical transport for Ethernet and wavelength services in support of wholesale and business applications
As more content and services move to the cloud, providing high-speed, low-latency connectivity is crucial between data centers and enterprise branch office locations. The proliferation of cloud-based business applications has driven a surge in bandwidth needs and demand for faster speeds at the edge of the network. This has led to the need for simpler and more cost-effective network interface devices (NIDs) supporting 10G rates and beyond.
The Nokia 1830 Photonic Service Demarcation (PSD) provides network demarcation and optical transport for Ethernet and wavelength services. It is a low-latency, compact and versatile Network Interface Device (NID) providing network demarcation at customer premise sites. It effectively extends the reach of the optical network in support of 10G E-Line or W-Line services.
As part of the Nokia Optical Transport portfolio, the 1830 PSD leverages the same optics (SFPs) used within the broader 1830 PSS product family and common network operations being supported by the Network Functions Manager for Transport (NFM-T) (formerly the 1350 Optical Management System). It enables a wide range of applications and services including:
- Network / service extension (e.g. remote port)
- Network interconnection / access (e.g. LAN interconnect, DCI, etc.)
- Service interworking (e.g. Carrier Ethernet and wave services)
Universal Ethernet and Wave Services
Universal Ethernet and Wave services support in one platform
- Eliminates the cost, complexity and need for service specific NIDs
- Provides multiservice support via pluggable SFPs including legacy TDM services via Smart SFPs
- Enables inventory / resource sparing efficiencies through SFPs shared with 1830 PSS portfolio
- Addresses diverse deployment scenarios with low power, very compact footprint and flexible path protection options
Application versatility addresses diverse business models
- Delivers 10G OTN or Ethernet access for business retail or wholesale, data center interconnect (DCI), and cloud applications
- Provides cost-effective network extension to customer premise sites
- Enables media conversion supporting connection of dissimilar or legacy networks
- Delivers E-Line and W-Line service demarcation supporting end-to-end service assurance
Automated commissioning via Nokia Commissioning Expert
- Enables plug-n-play operations for quick service turn-up
- Supports automated discovery, configuration, and commissioning
- Leverages simple and easy to install mobile user interface
Streamlined and simplified application and network performance management
- Provides real time, end-to-end visibility across the entire 1830 PSD infrastructure including topologies, paths, service flows, etc.
- Delivers carrier-class link and service OAM tools for performance monitoring to uphold SLAs
- Common operations with the Nokia Network Functions Manager for Transport (formerly 1350 Optical Management System)
#optical from @Nokianetworks
Nokia Networks is a recognized world leader in optical networking delivering end-to-end solutions to service providers and enterprises anywhere in the world. Leveraging our equipment and services, we facilitate new service offerings and revenue streams. We have a global reach and scale, with a presence in over 130 countries.