1665 Data Multiplexer
The Nokia 1665 Data Multiplexer (DM) is a compact, yet highly-scalable Ethernet/SAN/SONET platform that bridges the bandwidth gap between LANs and core backbone networks. The 1665 DM enables multiservice growth from traditional voice/private line services to Ethernet/SAN services while improving data networking efficiency.
The 1665 DM is engineered to help you bring new services to market faster and more cost-effectively than ever before. It offers a highly scalable switch fabric that can grow from 2.5G to 10G and in-service capacity upgrades.
The 1665 DM is part of the comprehensive optical portfolio, providing end-to-end optical solutions for today’s metro and long-haul networks.
- Offers seamless migration from TDM to packet networks enabling growth to a more diverse portfolio of services
- Provides seamless end-to-end optical integration and inter-working capabilities with Nokia and other vendor systems
- Combines the trusted reliability of SONET protection for all services plus rapid spanning tree and resilient package ring (RPR) protection for data services
- Adds SAN transport and RPR switching to existing Ethernet/SONET hybrid capabilities
- Offers increased revenue-generating potential by integrating GbE, Fast Ethernet, virtual LAN, and SAN networking capabilities into existing SONET-based solutions and services
- Enhances the SONET layer by introducing Ethernet and SAN into the wide area network (WAN)/metropolitan area network (MAN)
The 1665 DM offers SONET, Ethernet, and SAN functionality on a single compact platform in support of new services.
Migrate seamlessly from TDM to packet networks
- Flexible bandwidth granularity and service scalability when interconnected with routers and data switches
- Hybrid Ethernet/SAN over SONET functionality allows enhanced data networking efficiency over legacy SONET base
- Wideband, broadband and optical service interfaces
Increase revenue and operation cost saving potential
- High-speed 10/100 Mbps and GbE data service interfaces with VCAT, LCAS, and CIR and PIR rate shaping options
- Increase the efficiency of data and storage transport
- 20 Amp shelf option provides power savings opportunities
Extend service life of existing SONET network
- Combines SONET, Ethernet, and SAN functionality in a single platform and helps simplify metro point of presence (POP) router handoff
- Grows metro access networks without forklift equipment upgrades
- Utilizes standards-compliant designs to help preserve existing network investments
- Features interface packs with backplane connectors to help provide the hardware with higher protection against accidental damage