1350 Optical Management System
The Nokia 1350 Optical Management System (OMS) centralizes multiple functions in one unified system for the Nokia Optics portfolio. It allows network planning and operations staff to plan, deploy, and manage the network over the total life cycle.
The unified system supports multiple technologies, services, and network sizes in one integrated platform. It supports element, network, and service management.
The 1350 OMS provides a common management platform for end-to-end operations. This includes service provisioning over multi-technology optical transport networks (SDH/SONET, Carrier Ethernet, WDM, ROADM, OTN and packet) and OSS/BSS integration. Its component-based architecture easily scales to meet network growth and development from access to core.
Benefits & Features
- Multi-technology platform enables rapid rollout of new technologies and services
- Single management point for entire network enables cost-effective scaling and development
- Integrated platform accelerates service restoration and improves service availability
- GUI with wizards and templates accelerates service provisioning, and reduces errors and truck rolls
- Integrated multi-technology platform reduces time and cost of service assurance operations
- Common operations processes across multiple technologies reduce learning curve and training costs
- Flexible, component-based platform eases network scalability across technologies
- Unified, multi-technology platform eliminates the need for and cost of separate management systems