Paris, France, December 10, 2015
- Alcatel-Lucent will become the exclusive supplier of ultra-broadband fixed access technology for A1 Telekom Austria.
- Alcatel-Lucent’s DSL based technologies provide a simple and cost-effective means of delivering ultra-broadband access rapidly without the need for costly and time-consuming upgrades to existing in-building cabling. The technology includes:
- 7367 ISAM SX-16 sealed micro-node supporting G.fast
- 7302 and 7330 ISAM supporting Vplus
- 7368 ISAM MX-6 high capacity, modular micro-node supporting Vplus
- G.fast uses the final hundreds of meters of copper infrastructure extending into premises to achieve speeds of up to 1 Gbps aggregate. Alcatel-Lucent and the Telekom Austria Group conducted the world’s first trial of G.fast vectoring technology and connected the first customer using G.fast technology.
- Telekom Austria is one of the first to deploy and connect live customers using Vplus as part of committed effort to more effectively serve their subscribers needs. VPlus is a DSL technology that allows operators to achieve aggregate speeds of 200 Mbps and more over copper at distances of up to 500 meters and 300 Mbps over distances shorter than 250 meters.
- In addition to the Alcatel-Lucent IP core and edge routing technologies already installed in A1 Telekom Austria’s network, Alcatel-Lucent will introduce the compact, resilient and high-performance 7750 SR-a to further enhance network capacity and prepare the network for increasing data demands in the future.
- Alcatel-Lucent will also renovate A1’s WDM backbone using the 1830 Photonic Service Switch and 400G PSE wavelength technology together with GMPLS support, giving A1 a more agile, higher capacity optical network to deliver new services and meet future capacity demands.
- The integration of IP and optical transport networks enables operators to maximize operational efficiency, accelerate new services and manage networks end-to-end.