Taiwan/Paris, December 10, 2013
Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced the opening of its Taiwan Innovation Center to increase strategic engagement with service provider and enterprise customers in North Asia and China.
The Taiwan Innovation Center showcases Alcatel-Lucent’s latest solutions (see list below) as it gives service providers and enterprise customers the opportunity to experience hands-on demonstrations. In addition, these customers can create new communications service concepts and business models through the ng Connect Program, a multi-industry connected-user experience ecosystem founded by Alcatel-Lucent.
Key Facts on the Taiwan Innovation Center:
- The demo environment is supported by a comprehensive Alcatel-Lucent network
- a live 4G LTE network to highlight mobile ultra-broadband access
- a fixed access network that includes 7750 service routers and 1830 PSS in the core
- IP Platforms products including IMS, WNG, CloudBand, and Motive
- Cloud-based service concepts from the ng Connect Program which showcase a hosted cloud data center on virtual resources managed by Alcatel-Lucent’s CloudBand and accessible via the Internet.
Showcases Alcatel-Lucent’s experience and leadership as a specialist in IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access (mobile and fixed), which is at the core of the recently announced Shift Program.
- Taiwan has become a significant player in the ultra-broadband market with both fixed and mobile access predicted to reach $13.6 billion USD by 2018 through a nationwide fiber-optic network rollout and LTE launch.*
- Taiwan is the 18th largest exporter in the world according to the CIA World Factbook and a leading maker of computers, microchips, semi-conductors and other IT equipment.
- The Taiwan briefing center is the fourth for Alcatel-Lucent with others in Brazil, France and the United States.
Martin Jordy, President of Alcatel-Lucent’s Asia Pacific Region, said: “This innovation center gives our customers a way to see and experience Alcatel-Lucent products and services, and also work in partnership with businesses from a wide range of industries and markets to develop next generation services. Here they can share ideas, gain a better understanding of The Shift Plan, our strategy with IP and ultra-broadband, as well as join an established ecosystem of partners via the ngConnect program. We developed The ng Connect Program with this collaboration in mind and I am excited to see it in action here in APAC.”