Operations Support System (OSS) for Power Utilities
One of the key challenges utilities face with the advent of Smart Grid is the increased complexity of managing the communications services that deliver Smart Grid applications. Multiple wired and wireless telecommunications technologies will be leveraged to deliver Smart Grid. There will be an explosion of new physical endpoints, network elements, applications, IP addresses and virtual networks. The networks will carry traffic to support multiple applications including SCADA, metering, video, voice and more.
Nokia's Operations Support System (OSS) enables utilities to manage the interdependencies among the different applications, communications services, and network technologies used to deliver Smart Grid. A failure in any single component could impact the entire Smart Grid delivery capability. Through automation, the OSS helps ensure consistently reliable and secure communications services for Smart Grid, despite limited resources in terms of headcount and in-house expertise.
Nokia OSS integrates components from multiple third-party suppliers with which Nokia is a leading partner.
Nokia provides OSS consulting, design, operations optimization, deployment and integration services. Options include a build, operate and transfer approach or outsourced network management services that leverage the Nokia Global Network Operations Center (GNOC). Our experts partner with utilities to develop the best strategy based on business sense and customer-specific requirements.
What can OSS do for your business?
It provides a “single pane of glass” for managing the entire Smart Grid communications network with automated operational processes for alarm management, inventory, and workflow management.
Maintain highly reliable communication network services
- Gain end-to-end visibility into what is happening in the network.
- Consolidate management of legacy and next generation network technologies.
- Provide a business-oriented view of network performance.
Respond quickly to outages and emergencies
- Significantly reduce the time it takes to identify, classify, and resolve network problems.
- Make informed, real-time decisions based on root-cause analysis and service impact.
- Reduce repair time and avoid unnecessary truck rolls.
- Automatically generate trouble tickets and dispatch the right resources when needed.
Improve operational efficiency
- Simplify management of multi-vendor, multi-technology networks.
- Ensure operational procedures are consistently followed.
- Adapt to new services, technologies, and changing business requirements.
- Manage increased network complexity despite limited resources.
How Nokia can help
With hundreds of OSS projects, (including utility deployments) completed around the globe, Nokia leverages its extensive experience to help utilities integrate and optimize the use of OSS products to achieve maximum results. We use a proven methodology that leverages industry standards, such as the TeleManagement Forum (TMF) Framework and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to deliver solutions that meet each utility’s specific requirements.