Private WAN for Large Enterprises
Build a private WAN for digital transformation and the enterprise cloud
Nokia private WAN solutions let you harness the power of digital transformation by moving to cloud-based IT models and embracing digital tools such as social, mobility, analytics, and the internet of things (IoT).
Use our scalable, reliable and secure IP/optical solutions to connect your large sites and data centers in a private/hybrid cloud using Ethernet, dark fiber, or wavelengths instead of inflexible WAN services.
Connect your small branch sites to your private/hybrid cloud efficiently and cost-effectively with our agile, flexible and virtualized SD-WAN solutions using any mix of xDSL, Ethernet, or mobile broadband instead of costly leased lines.
With integrated network and service management that leverages carrier SDN technology, you can increase efficiency and reduce OPEX by managing multiple network layers and end-to-end applications and services.
The Nokia private WAN solution enables you to build a WAN to meet your needs in the way that you want to support digital technologies and the cloud. Our solution gives you the flexibility to implement one or more of the following options depending your technical and business requirements:
- Build a private optical network to provide very high-speed, secure transport among major sites and data centers to form the foundation of a private/hybrid cloud.
- Implement a private IP/MPLS core to provide reliable connectivity among major sites and data centers, separate enterprise applications in the private cloud, and to connect to hybrid cloud resources.
- Use managed IP/MPLS VPN or cloud connect services to connect larger remote enterprise sites to the cloud where cost/performance is justified or where changes are less frequent and more predictable.
- Deploy SD-WAN access to provide more agile and flexible connectivity to the cloud for smaller remote enterprise sites, or where changes are more frequent and unpredictable.
- Implement integrated, end-to-end WAN management and adopt and migrate to SDN-based orchestration and automation of network and IT resources for a dynamic, flexible and agile cloud.
- Implement a WAN support strategy for the cloud that embraces both network and IT support, either in-house or by leveraging Nokia professional services.
The Nokia private WAN solution provides some key features and capabilities to enable digital transformation and the move to cloud IT:
- Scalable, flexible, reliable bandwidth, with the ability to scale bandwidth up or down across multiple network domains, depending on individual application requirements.
- Agile, dynamic provisioning and orchestration of network resources across multiple enterprise sites ― and potentially across multiple clouds and cloud providers.
- Traffic engineering for different enterprise applications, services and data to ensures the right priority and QoS, as well as resiliency and failover mechanisms in the event of link or network failure.
- Advanced network services to enable convergence of new network services, (such as flexible bandwidth), in addition to legacy network services, (such as leased lines), on a common IP infrastructure.
- Application-aware networking that adjusts bandwidth and QoS automatically to application type and new cloud usage patterns with no compromise on application scale or performance.
- Multi-layer security to ensure the confidentiality, sovereignty, integrity and availability of sensitive business data flowing across the network between different enterprise sites and cloud types.
- Service level agreement (SLA) monitoring that cover enterprise application requirements, such as availability and QoS, as well as normal network metrics, such as uptime and latency.
- Real-time analytics and reporting of network, service, and application performance easily and quickly, in depth and in real time, so that resources can be adjusted automatically to changing user demands.
Nokia private WAN solutions help large enterprises to build a WAN that supports digital transformation and the cloud. Enterprises can combine scalable, secure, and reliable private networks to connect large sites and data centers with existing WAN services and new agile, flexible SD-WAN solutions to connect smaller sites. With Nokia private WAN solutions, enterprises can build the foundation for a private/hybrid cloud that supports their digital transformation strategy.