Cloud Data Center Interconnect for Large Enterprises
Implement business-critical Data Center Interconnect (DCI) to support your enterprise private/hybrid cloud
As data volumes continue to increase, and you consolidate and virtualize your data centers, you need data center interconnect solutions that take full advantage of agile, flexible and dynamic cloud IT models.
Nokia Cloud DCI offers a more scalable, reliable and secure way to connect data centers in private/hybrid clouds.
Our solutions provide business-critical DCI for the cloud to reduce the risk to your data – and your customers’ data. Cloud DCI helps you meet strict business continuity, regulatory and compliance requirements.
Compared to a managed solution, a private Cloud DCI solution based on dark fiber can achieve:
Customer case study
A Nokia Cloud DCI solution enabled a major French retail bank to consolidate multiple IT infrastructures and:
Cloud DCI e-Book
Find out how you can implement a scalable, reliable and highly secure Cloud DCI solution to:
The business benefits of a Nokia private Cloud DCI solution include:
- OPEX savings and improved IT utilization through data center consolidation and virtualization
- Better scalability and performance with greater resiliency at less cost and lower complexity
- Improved flexibility and greater pooling of server and storage resources
- Higher data control and security to meet data soverignty and compliance requirements
- Faster service and response times between data centers for business-critical applications
- Comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery to meet regulatory requirements
- Greater agility and flexibility as well as lower IT costs by moving to a private/hybrid cloud IT model
Nokia business-critical cloud DCI solutions support multiple DCI applications, from real-time business continuity and disaster recovery, to synchronous data replication and cloud backup.
Our solutions support real-time AES 256-bit encryption with “quantum proof” symmetric keys for the highest levels of security and ultra-low latency at data rates of 100 Gigabits per second.
Centralized key management ensures the quality and integrity of the encryption keys and is independent certified to security standards such as NIST, Common Criteria and ANSSI.
Optical intrusion detection tools, including wavelength tracking and Optical Time-Domain Reflectometry (OTDR), localize problems and detect fiber cuts and network intrusions through variations in optical power levels.
Nokia DCI professional services provide rapid deployment capability for DCI build-outs. Consulting services provide financial analysis and modeling, high-level design, and certification as a service.
Nokia build, operate and transfer services help you to cost-effectively roll out, operate, and manage your DCI network, reduce operational risk and time-to-market, and alleviate expertise and resource constraints.
- Secure Optical Transport: Not All Solutions Are Equal – LightWave article
- Is It Best to Build or Buy DCI in the Cloud Era? – LightWAve article
- Cloud DCI – build or buy? – Insight artcile
- Cloud DCI for Enterprise – executive brochure
- Nokia 1830 PSS business-critical cloud DCI – solution brochure
- Cloud DCI Professional Services – brochure
- Nokia deploys DCI solution with Thailand's INET
- Japanese utility Enecom selects Nokia 100Gbps DCI solution
- Nokia introduces optical innovations for high capacity cloud connectivity
- Nokia supplies Xiaomi with high speed DCI to create a 'private cloud'
Secure optical transport from Nokia – video animation