Seize the cloud opportunity
Free your network business with a private cloud
Large enterprises in verticals such as finance, healthcare, and automotive want to reap the benefits of a private cloud. We make this possible with technologies that are field-proven to meet the reliability, performance, and capacity requirements of the world’s most demanding networks.
Our solutions give you:
- AGILITY: Launch new applications quickly and easily, eliminate shadow IT, and leverage the dynamic nature of the cloud.
- PERFORMANCE: Become an information-driven enterprise that handles massive amounts of data and transactions with scalability and resilience.
- FREEDOM: Break vendor lock, integrate silos, and adapt to evolving business demands with open platforms that let you choose best-of-breed solutions.
- SECURITY: Ensure infrastructure security and compliance with automation, policy enforcement, encryption, and consistent application of user privileges and security settings.
See how we’re helping a bank with a 300-year history pursue new goals with an innovative private cloud deployment.
Solutions for large enterprise IT
Our solutions deliver the reliability, performance, and scalability that your large network demands. We offer an open approach that lets you deploy the technologies that suit you best, regardless of your chosen vendors and hardware.
And our solutions are the only ones backed by innovations from Bell Labs. These innovations form the basis of today’s communications and IT technologies.
OpenStack private Cloud
OpenStack is increasingly being leveraged in private clouds by large enterprises. The uses include not only internal DevOps but also customer-facing clouds. With our OpenStack private cloud architecture, our customers can:
- Minimize time to market and ability to address high-value customer segments worldwide
- Unify even far-flung datacenters into a cohesive, flexible private cloud
- Ensure very high security, both overall and at the most granular level
SDN for private cloud
Build DevOps clouds that speed innovation and implementation. With our Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Platform you can:
- Automate and optimize your IT assets to streamline configuration and improve performance
- Virtualize any datacenter infrastructure regardless of your hardware, hypervisor, or public cloud choices
- Use policy-based networking to achieve high, verifiable levels of control and compliance across the entire software stack
Connect remote sites quickly, securely, and easily with full visibility for management and control across all branch locations.
Our Nuage Networks Virtualized Network Services solution gives you cost-effective and flexible remote site connectivity for data- and bandwidth-intensive applications like video. It also gives you the flexibility to consume network services across multiple providers and last-mile technologies.
Large enterprise IP communications
Update your communications infrastructure so you can realize the benefits of communications and collaboration. Rapport™ for Large Enterprise is a private cloud-based IP communications solution that lets you:
- Use open APIs and robust software development kits to extend communications to any connected device, application, or website
- Take control of your infrastructure and focus on business objectives
- Break free of costly infrastructures that are run in silos or tied to a specific vendor
Deploy DCI solutions that deliver business continuity and disaster recovery while taking full advantage of the new cloud ecosystem.
Our DCI solutions help you use a public, private, or hybrid cloud to increase control, agility, or cost efficiency. Datacenter consolidation, SDN, and cloud demand a fresh approach to DCI. Our certified and proven solutions deliver secure, flexible, high-performance DCI for the cloud era.
Enable high-speed connectivity between your datacenters and other sites. Our private WAN backbone solutions let you:
- Provide advanced quality of service and traffic engineering for business-critical applications
- Strengthen data and network security with traffic encryption, network policy enforcement, administration management, and router protection
- Leverage integrated IP/optical management and programmable SDN solutions for fast, easy support of new application requirements
DDI Network Services
Optimize each network service request for a web resource or an IP address and manage your pool of IP addresses. Our VitalQIP domain name system (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and IP address management (IPAM) – DDI – platform provides network services for private clouds and datacenters run by the largest enterprises and governments worldwide. VitalQIP delivers network services that not only optimize customer experience with a web application or service but also reduce cost through automation and efficient resource utilization.
The Digital Enterprise: What it takes to become a digital master
Watch this thought-provoking executive discussion with George Westerman, Principal Research Scientist, MIT Sloan Initiative on the Digital Economy and Rasu Shrestha, Chief Innovation Officer at UPMC and learn "What It Takes To Become A Digital Master."
IN THE NEWS
- Connect your clouds with the right network [Network Computing]
- Web-scale IT: The enterprise impact [Network Computing]
- 3 steps to open communications and collaboration [Network Computing]
- Defeating the spectre of shadow IT [FierceCIO]
- A new era of enterprise communications [FierceCIO]
- Transforming your enterprise communications for free [FierceEnterpriseCommunications]
- The sky’s the limit [Bloomberg Businessweek]
- Cloud and virtualization require SDN [Network Computing]
- Overcoming cloud security challenges [Network Computing]
- Transforming enterprise IT infrastructure [Network Computing]
FOR THE VP/DIRECTOR OF IT
- Passive Optical LAN advantages up to 58% TCO reduction [academic study]
- DCI market trends and requirements [whitepaper]
- What does IPv6 mean to the enterprise? [whitepaper]
- Consumable datacenter networking [brochure]
- Extensible wide area networking with virtualized network services [brochure]
- Datacenter interconnect solutions for large enterprises [whitepaper]
- Rapport for Large Enterprise solution overview [brochure]
- Delivering unrestricted datacenter networking across the WAN [application note]
- Centuries-young bank readies for another century of progress [case study]
- UPMC boosts virtualized application deployment speed with SDN [case study]
FOR THE CxO
- The sleepless CIO: What keeps CIOs up at night [e-Book]
- A window into enterprise IT: Survey results [e-Book]
- Moving beyond unified communications [whitepaper]
- Inflection points: The new world of enterprise IT [whitepaper]