IoT Readiness Services
Supercharge your network for the connected world with IoT Readiness Services
Communication Service Providers (CSP) have a key role to play in driving IoT adoption. While the IoT strategy for each CSP can be different (connectivity provider / service enabler / end-to-end service provider), it is essential that the network at the heart of all three strategies meets the performance and reliability requirements of an IoT world while minimizing total cost of ownership, making the IoT business case viable.
Nokia IoT Readiness Services helps operators assess their network’s ability to support IoT models, identify gaps and then develop a transformation roadmap leading to a high-performance IoT-optimized network.
What we do
We use machine learning techniques to identify existing IoT traffic in the network. This includes defining the traffic type and position of different IoT sensors in the network. This is an important prerequisite for later optimization steps where the existing IoT traffic is migrated to specific network layers purpose-built to handle IoT.
Nokia IoT Readiness Services looks at all facets of the network, including spectrum strategy to optimize the need for additional spectrum, as well as the coverage and capacity requirements needed to handle the scale of IoT traffic. Our in-house tools and simulation techniques enable us to simultaneously optimize both traditional cellular and IoT-specific networks even when both share the same RF infrastructure. Capex and Opex modelling tools developed by Bell Labs help optimize transport layer requirements, while our smart architecture recommendations incorporate IoT-enabled features, and modified parameters, to augment capacity only where required. Our Service Launch Readiness module takes an end-to-end service testing approach to fine-tune the network parameters for specific IoT services which the CSP is looking to launch.
According to 451 Research “Voice of the Enterprise Survey: Internet of Things,” 49.7% of the respondents listed security as one of the key impediments for widespread IoT adoption. Our Security Assessment module helps CSPs create a security wall around the network to protect against malware, Distributed Denial of Service attacks (e.g. Mirai) and other breaches. Proactive measures include threat intelligence assessment, and even penetration testing where Nokia experts use a “white hat” approach to identify security vulnerabilities in the network.
We also help define a transformation roadmap describing the technology evolution to the Cloud and architectural recommendations for distributed edge processing as the IoT business scales exponentially.
New revenue streams
QoS-based priority IoT-connectivity services can be differentially charged while addressing new enterprise IoT markets
Optimal cost of ownership
Reduced TCO through smart capacity augmentation, spectrum strategy and IoT traffic identification and migration
Enhanced Quality of service
Eliminate coverage holes, minimize interference and address capacity requirements to handle traffic and signalling load
Reduced time to market
A definitive roadmap for IoT network transformation reduces risks and accelerates time-to-market
- The services are uniquely multi-vendor and multi-technology. They cover both 3GPP (LTE, LTE-M, NB-IoT) as well as unlicensed technologies like LoRa
- The services focus on the operator’s key need of optimizing cost/bit of IoT connectivity through IoT-focused migration strategies, spectrum requirement optimization, smart capacity augmentation, and recommendations for an end-to-end “optimized for IoT” network architecture
- The scope covers essential spectrum, coverage, capacity, security and use case requirements from an end-to-end network perspective
- Additionally, we help operators chart the right evolution path towards the IoT-enabled Cloud and distributed computing-based network architecture to handle the scale of forecasted IoT traffic, cater to QoS requirements and reduce cost to transport IoT traffic
- There are no related news articles.
Related blog posts
- This is what we’ll need to build a hyperconnected society23 Nov 2017
- Want to be a DSP? Start with IoT device management as a digital service14 Nov 2017
- 3 reasons to break the gigabit barrier10 Nov 2017
- What do you do when the smallest macro base station is just too big?08 Nov 2017
- T-Mobile, Nokia redefine the demo effect07 Nov 2017
#IoT from @Nokianetworks
With the help of our industry-leading experts, Nokia IoT Readiness Services will supercharge your network to take advantage of the possibilities of the connected world. Our multi-technology expertise covers 3GPP and unlicensed LPWA technologies as we help you meet your performance and reliability needs, while smartly optimizing network requirements to reach your TCO targets.