Predictive Optimization improves your network data speed
The Nokia Predictive Optimization service uses predictive analytics to boost performance of mobile networks. The service can help networks achieve up to 50 percent faster data speeds, benefiting subscribers using the most demanding mobile services such as music streaming and video.
Offer heavy data users more speed
The Nokia Predictive Optimization service helps you improve your network performance by harnessing the huge amount of performance data generated by your networks. This data is used by intelligent software algorithms to simulate the telecom network, providing a better understanding of how it behaves.
These algorithms can predict when, where and how network performance will be degraded by factors such as congestion (overloading) and radio interference, where one part of the network causes a disturbance elsewhere.
Operators can use these insights to increase network capacity, for example, finding the right locations to deploy low-powered small cells to boost data speeds for subscribers inside high-rise buildings. Alternatively, they can provide wider coverage areas and more reliable voice services by automatically adjusting the angle of base station antennas.
Nokia Predictive Optimization forms part of Nokia AVA, a cloud-based platform that combines intelligent analytics, virtualized delivery and advanced automation to deploy services to operators to help achieve flawless network performance.
- Up to 50 percent faster data speeds
- Up to 20 percent reduction in Inter-System Handovers
- Up to 70 percent reduction in intereference
- Better prioritisation of network investments
A telecom network with 10 million subscribers will generate about 1 million transactions per second (tps) during peak hours. By comparison Visa or MasterCard worldwide handle less than 4000 tps on average, and Twitter reported 143,000 tweets per second as a record. Transactions in a mobile network relate to events such as connecting a voice call, setting up a web browsing session or transferring a connection between different base stations (handover).
A project for Ooredoo Qatar increased data speeds by 50 percent.
More than 550 LTE sites were optimized across 16 different clusters, with results far exceeding expectations:
- 27 percent increase in Signal to Noise Ratio (SINR)
- 221 percent more traffic moved to 2600 MHz capacity layer from 800 MHz coverage layer
- 50 percent increase in data throughput
- Numerous other Key Performance Indicators (KPI) improvements
This project won a GTB Innovation award in May 2016.
- There are no related news articles.
Related blog posts
- Kill that energy bill07 Dec 2017
- Build 4G or save energy? China Unicom just did both27 Nov 2017
- Zero emissions. From vision to ambition to reality16 Nov 2017
- Helping Vodafone customers get their voices heard14 Oct 2016
- Is Network Function Optimization the new SDN/NFV?13 Oct 2016
#HetNets #analytics #services #ExpertAdvantage from @Nokianetworks
By harnessing the huge amount of data that networks generate, the Nokia Predictive Optimization service helps you improve your network performance.Intelligent software algorithms use this data to simulate the telecom network, providing a better understanding of how it behaves. This allows you to find the right sites for cells or adjust the orientation of antennas to give the best coverage. This can result in 50 percent greater speeds for consumers, particularly attractive for heavy users of streamed video and audio.