Enable the best user experience at crowded events with Nokia Pop-up Network
Music festivals and other outdoor events draw big crowds, but often fail to deliver the mobile experience that customers expect. Nokia is launching a new 'as-a-Service' solution to deliver a significant boost to customer experience at outdoor events, with zero CAPEX required from the operator.
Pop-up Network enables the best event experience, with Nokia expert services including network planning and optimization allowing operators to differentiate themselves against rival networks. Nokia deploys temporary, transportable base stations coordinated by Nokia Centralized Radio Access Network (RAN) capability that turns the interference from devices into useful traffic to boost uplink capacity. The operator simply pays Nokia for the capacity service required during the event, reducing its total costs by 80 percent compared to investing in its own infrastructure.
- Differentiate where it matters most – events are a critical customer touchpoint
- Up to three times more uplink capacity
- Ten times faster speeds at the cell edge
- 30 percent longer battery life
- Nokia makes the operator business case viable through an ‘as-a-Service’ approach that can reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by 80 percent
- A full range of expert professional services minimize risks, ensure a fast deployment of the technology and provide the performance needed during the event itself.
In a mobile network, the ratio of uplink to downlink traffic is typically around 1:10, meaning that 10 times more data is being sent from the network to the mobile device, than vice-versa. At an outdoor music festival, the event visitors want to upload photos, videos and messages through social media. As a consequence, the traffic balance is radically changed and during peak hours, the ratio of uplink to downlink traffic can be reversed to 3:1, placing a serious strain on operator networks.
- There are no related news articles.
Related blog posts
- Give your radio network the freedom it deserves04 Nov 2016
- SAMBA, a new choreography to boost network performance31 Oct 2016
- Moving to the cloud doesn’t have to be a risky business17 Oct 2016
- Avoiding the Betamax trap in the smart home30 Aug 2016
- The essential element of networks you don’t see22 Aug 2016
#Services, #MWC16, #ExpertAdvantage from @Nokianetworks
Nokia Services help operators manage complexity, evolve and modernize their networks for scale, speed and efficiency and ensure network and service quality. Our Services professionals ensure that all solutions work together seamlessly, offering excellent customer experience and supporting new business models.