Driven by the enormous increase in mobile data traffic and flourishing user demands, we need to look beyond 4G.
The mobile communications community has already conducted significant research into systems for the next decade and 5G is the acronym for next generation mobile communication systems. It is generally anticipated that 5G will be commercially available around 2020 at the earliest.
Nokia 5G Demonstration Video – 5G: driving the automation of everything
Low latency is essential to ensure fast, effective, and intelligent machine to machine communications. This demonstration by Nokia highlights how 5G will enable the automation of everything.
Whitepapers and Articles
- 5G enabled by massive capacity, connectivity
- Europe moving to 5G – time to move even faster!
- Nokia Networks preparing for the future with 5G Connected Industries Forum in Germany
- 5G - What does it mean for Europe?
- 5G - What is at stake for the United States?