Get there faster with our Small Cell Site Certification Program
Speed time to market for small cell deployment
You want a network that can be deployed outdoors on lightposts, bus stops, billboards, and other locations on a large scale. You also need to bring coverage and capacity indoors to small, medium, and large enterprises. But it can be a challenge to find sites, negotiate leases, and gain access to the buildings, installation crews, and backhaul you need.
Our award-winning Small Cell Site Certification Program is known for speeding your outdoor deployments. Now we are bringing in new indoor partners to solve your enterprise deployment challenges.
With this program, we bring together a group of suppliers who specialize in site acquisition, installation, and backhaul. Backed by our expertise, our program members stand ready to help our customers bring small cells on air quickly and seamlessly with certified sites – speeding your time to market.
Removing barriers to small cell deployment, both indoor and out
The market is driving the need for rapid expansion of outdoor mobile capacity and coverage. Small cells are the answer. According to ABI Research, outdoor small cell use will grow 7x – and the in-building wireless market 5x – by 2018.
But rapid small cell deployment can be a challenge for mobile operators:
- In an Informa Telecoms & Media small cells market status report, nearly 60 percent of respondents rated deployment issues and backhaul as the top 2 deployment challenges.
- Lack of access to backhaul and power, environmental issues, and cell placement – including the need to deal with multiple landlords, new types of site owners, and zoning issues – can delay deployment.
- Enterprises require small cells that support simple plug-and-play installation.
Our Small Cell Site Certification Program removes these barriers. We bring together value-added suppliers with our own expertise in small cells to make sure small cell deployment happens right the first time, with speed, and on a large scale.
Our program trains and certifies new types of suppliers who can effectively address operator needs to rapidly deploy small cells. Through the program, our members can quickly leverage our knowledge and expertise in small cells and employ their own workforces to acquire sites for, install, and provide backhaul for small cells on a large scale.
We and our program members bring the right expertise to address small cell deployment challenges for operators. Program members include cable operators, systems integrators, managed services providers, site acquisition specialty firms, lease negotiation specialists, and construction specialists.
Realize the benefits of site certification
We are the leader in small cells. And with our Small Cell Site Certification Program, we address your most important small cell deployment challenges by sharing our expertise with our program members.
These suppliers unleash access to tens of thousands of approved installation technicians and over 1 million qualified small cell sites. With our knowledge and experience behind them, our program members have the know-how to speed your time to market and lower your costs.
Contact us for more information on the program and on how you can get your small cell network up and running fast.
Faster time to market
Speed time to market as much as 40 percent by partnering with our certified site owners, installers, and backhaul facility providers.
- Save time negotiating with site owners. Our program members bring a database of available sites across a large geography.
- Gain access to on-net buildings from indoor partners.
- Access the backhaul and power that many of these site owners already have at their locations, and save time on backhaul installation.
Deploy to the right site at the right time and build a better quality small cell network.
- Put capacity where the users are by accessing new site types such as billboards, bike stands and bus shelters.
- Optimize outdoor and indoor cell placement and utilization through Nokia Networks site selection services and Bell Labs innovation and tools.
- Take advantage of a certified pool of installers trained to deploy small cells right the first time.
Lower deployment costs at least 20 percent by partnering with site owners. Leverage our indoor partners’ expertise to secure building leases at low or no cost to you.
- Reduce CAPEX on site acquisition and backhaul.
- Reduce OPEX on backhaul and maintenance.
Small cell innovation leadership:
"Selecting from a number of strong entries in this category of Small Cell innovation leadership, the Judges felt that this entry dealt with a significant and specific issue that would otherwise hold back rapid take-up. Although not a product specific issue, the processes used today to identify, survey and approve potential small cell sites can be time consuming and could significantly slow the pace of rollout. Alcatel-Lucent’s novel approach directly addresses the issue and we expect has defined a business model that will be adopted elsewhere," said David Chambers, 2014 Small Cells Forum Awards Lead Judge for the Category. Read the full press release