Mobile Broadband India Traffic Index
Nokia MBiT Index is a report on mobile broadband performance in India. It aims to provide insights about mobile broadband traffic growth in the country, co-relating these trends with changes in various ecosystem drivers such as devices, and subscriber usage patterns.
MBiT Index 2017
The latest edition of the report launched in March 2017 covers the following for the year 2016:
- Pan-India and Circle-wise Mobile Data Trends
- Data consumption patterns for 3G and 4G
- 3G and 4G Device trends
Key Highlights of MBiT Index 2017:
- 4G as a technology shows fastest growth (as compared to 2G and 3G roll-out) with a much faster evolving network, device and content eco-system
- 60% of the incremental data payload from 2015 levels was contributed by 4G
- In a short span of a year 4G has already reached 1400+ MB compared to ~850 MB of 3G
- 3G remains a significant growth engine, contributing 63% of total data payload
- 2G volumes dipped by 13% in 2016 but remains the main carrier for voice telephony
- 172% of growth in 4G device ecosystem
- Video alone contributed to 55% - 65% of mobile data traffic
MBiT Index has been created based on Nokia’ analysis of data obtained from various sources. It analyses mobile broadband traffic trends only at a consolidated level and does not intend to provide any comparative analysis of data growth of different operators.
For more information click here.