From launching and enabling rapid growth of 2G/GSM technology in early 2000, to bringing high quality 3G services in 2011 and pioneering 4G/LTE technology in India in 2012, we have been an integral part of India’s remarkable progress in technology and connectivity over last 22 years.
- a strong supplier and service provider to the leading public and private operators, large enterprises, utilities companies etc.
- 16000+ people across locations
- Manufacturing Operations: India’s largest international telecom infrastructure manufacturer being the first to start manufacturing 5G new radio in India. We crossed 4 million units production mark in 2018
- Global R&D Center in Bengaluru – Nokia’s commitment to India is deeply engraved in the way we harness the potential of local talent for research and development. Our Bangalore Technology Center is one of the 4 main global R&D sites for the company, employing over 6000
- Global Delivery Centre: Nokia was pioneer to set up its largest Global Delivery Centers in Chennai and Noida. These centers, today employee over 4000 highly skilled employees in India who provide support at various stages of the networks across 102 countries
- Corporate Community Investment: In 2009, launched – Smartpur – to create a sustainable digital village ecosystem where communities in villages will leverage digital tools to bring efficiency in daily lives, transparency in governance, economic prosperity for households and ease of access to various kinds of government services and information. Nokia’s Smartpur project will work under the five key areas of development – health, education, livelihood, governance and finance – to build a holistic village. Aims to create over 400 such villages in 4-5 years. To know more, please visit Nokia India’s Community and sustainability
MBiT Index 2019
Nokia MBiT Index is a report on mobile broadband performance in India. It aims to provide valuable insight, data and analysis on mobile broadband and traffic growth in India, by co-relating these trends with various demand and supply-side drivers of the connectivity ecosystem such as handsets and devices, content, subscriber usage patterns and network investments by mobile operators. Find out more about the 2019 report.
Networks market leadership in India
- #1 overall Carrier Network vendor, #1 in key segment of Core and RAN equipment
- #2 in Managed Services (V&D 100 - 2017-18)
- #2 in IP & Optics (V&D 100 - 2017-18)
- Leaders in Fixed Networks - massive pan-India fiber-to-the-home network for RjIO, the first of its kind in the country.