Nokia is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband, providing the world most efficient mobile network. Watch the video to learn more about Nokia Networks India, one of the most strategic markets since 1995.
Networks business in India – key facts
- 15000+ people (direct & indirect) ; 20 principle offices over 100 locations
- 280 million subscribers in India via 230,000 sites are served by our equipment
- Global Delivery Center at Noida & Chennai managing > 200 million subscribers globally across 86 countries. Service Management Capability Center in Noida.
- India’s largest international telecom infrastructure manufacturer with the first to manufacture 3G and LTE products locally
- Global R&D center in Bengaluru with 3000 people
- Early 4G/ LTE player, selected by Bharti Airtel for network deployment in Maharashtra
- Recognition – Awarded ‘Top Managed Services Vendor’ by Voice & Data, “Top Wireless Infrastructure company in 2013” by Amity University, Aegis Graham Bell Awards 2012 for innovative Vendor Telecom Product among others
MBiT Index 2016
Latest edition now available
Nokia MBiT Index is a report on mobile broadband performance in India. It aims to provide insights about mobile broadband traffic growth in the country, co-relating these trends with changes in various ecosystem drivers such as devices, and subscriber usage patterns. Find out more about the 2016 report.
Networks market leadership in India
- #2 in wireless infrastructure (source: Voice & Data 100)
- #1 in Managed services 160,000 sites serving 220 million subscribers across 22 circles – multi vendor capabilities (source: Voice & Data 100)
- Close to 30% market share in mobile broadband
- #1 in GSM-Railways
- #1 in Packet Core, critical for rising mobile data usage
- 10 Indian operators rely on us, including Aircel, Bharti, BSNL, Defense, Idea, Railways, Tata, Uninor, Videocon and Vodafone