Nokia is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband, providing the world most efficient mobile network.
Networks business in India – key facts
- Over the last 22 years Nokia has been an integral part of India’s remarkable progress in technology and connectivity
- 16000+ people across 20 principle offices, across 100 locations
- India’s largest international telecom infrastructure manufacturer with the first to manufacture 3G and LTE products and 5G ready base stations from Chennai factory. Over 50% of our production is shipped across 27 different countries.
- Global R&D Center in Bengaluru – 6000+ people, strong innovation pedigree as seen in IPRs filed from there.
- Global Delivery Centers in Noida and Chennai managing 310,000 base stations with millions of subscribers, across 85 countries.
MBiT Index 2018
Latest edition now available
Nokia MBiT Index is a report on mobile broadband performance in India. It aims to provide insights about mobile broadband traffic growth in the country, co-relating these trends with changes in various ecosystem drivers such as devices, and subscriber usage patterns. Find out more about the 2018 report.
Networks market leadership in India
- #1 in Core & access, #2 in Managed Services, Amongst Top 3 Telecom Infra Companies (V&D 100 - 2016-17)
- #1 in Optics (Source: Infonetics); #2 in IP & Routing
- Leaders in Fixed Networks - massive pan-India fiber-to-the-home network for RjIO, the first of its kind in the country.