Converged IP/MPLS Network for Highways
A converged packet-based communication network opens the gates to increased flexibility for introducing new applications and services, while reducing the cost of operations and still maintaining safety and security. With Nokia, there is no need to rip out and replace your existing legacy networks or applications -- a smooth migration is possible to the future. Our solution ensures transparent transport of legacy protocols, provides physical synchronization with quality similar to SDH, traffic engineering, and segregation, as well as assuring fast recovery in the event of failure.
Nokia's end-to-end, mission-critical Infrastructure solutions are designed to suit your specific WAN application needs. This reliable, secure, and scalable infrastructure solution consists of:
Nokia and partner components
IP/MPLS routers, carrier Ethernet switch/router portfolio
A single, high-capacity network to support multiple applications
For network operators
- A safe migration path from older technologies to an MPLS core and packet-based network without endangering safety-critical capabilities
- Seamless support on a single network for multiple critical applications, including CCTV, emergency communications, tolling, SCADA, and traffic management
- Removal of the cost of training requirements and of maintaining a disparate infrastructure of specialized equipment
- Greater network capacity and performance able to support high-bandwidth applications, such as networked CCTV and data center interconnection
- Large amounts of data for roadside CCTV feeds can be transmitted and analyzed in real time, increasing situational awareness
- Corporate and other VPNs and data services can be accessed through the same network
- Cyber-attack protection with a wide range of embedded security features, such as Network Access Control (NAC), encryption and traffic anomaly detection
- Unified management platform to reduce costs
How can Nokia help?
Nokia drives the evolution and convergence of today’s WANs with new IP/MPLS and packet transport standards. The company is an expert in mission-critical communications projects, providing services to design, install, and maintain the solution. With our optics, microwave, IP/MPLS and LTE portfolio, highway-industry experience in mission-critical IP and ultra-broadband Infrastructure, Nokia has all the elements that highways operators need to simplify their network transformation and reduce OPEX while increasing competitiveness and achieving greater control over their business.