Femtocell Multi-band Residential
Femtocell Multi-band Residential enhances the 3G/4G mobile experience in homes
As the world goes digital, people’s daily lives are increasingly dependent on easy access to data, wherever they are. Flawless connectivity is fundamental for customer satisfaction. With our new femtocell operators can find the most effective way to densify their networks and deliver a great customer experience inside residential buildings.
The Nokia Femtocell Multi-band Residential leverages the latest innovations to provide an indoor small cell that consists of 3G W-CDMA and 4G LTE carriers. The 3G and 4G carriers are supported using a single System on Chip (SoC), and can operate in multiple radio frequency (RF) bands. Its Software Defined Radio capability provides the flexibility to move from Multi-Standard to 4G only. These software-only changes can be made remotely, through operation and management (OAM), and require therefore no visit on site.
The Nokia Femtocell Multi-band Residential uses integrated omni-directional antennas and improves the end-user experience in small and medium indoor environments in a secure, cost-effective and easily deployable manner.
- Low total cost of ownership (TCO) through extended 3G and LTE coverage and added capacity to indoor locations
- Single shared site, backhaul, power and OAM across 3G and 4G
- Common Small Cell Gateway and Security Gateway across 3G and 4G
- Multiple services including Voice over LTE (VoLTE) with Circuit Switch Fallback (CSFB) and Single Radio Voice Call Continuity (SR-VCC) and Commercial Mobile Alerting Service (CMAS)
- Seamless mobility: eNodeB S1 and X2 handover across Enterprise-Enterprise, Enterprise-Macro and Macro–Enterprise both intra- and inter-frequency
- LTE Home eNodeB (HeNB) mode operation
The Nokia Femtocell Multi-band Residential is the latest enhancement to the industry-leading Nokia Small Cell solutions.
- Two simultaneous carriers: one LTE and one W-CDMA
¬ 8 LTE and 8 W-CDMA simultaneous active users*
- 3G software feature parity with Nokia 3G Small Cell portfolio software
- TR-069-based OAM leveraging Nokia OAM systems
- SON and Full Secure Plug-n-Play Enhanced security features including Digital Certificates, IPSec for encryption with IKEv2, Firewall and Tamper Alarm
* Hardware Ready
- Nokia to improve capacity and coverage of Zain Iraq's network for Zeyara and beyond11 Oct 2017
- Nokia expands private wireless network portfolio to support enterprises in their digital transformation07 Sep 2017
- Nokia puts operators on path to 5G by boosting 4G performance06 Sep 2017
- Nokia enhances emergency service response times and situational awareness with ViTrust critical communications portfolio16 May 2017
- Nokia collaborates with the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority to pave way for safe and sustainable drone operations in the country21 Nov 2016
Related blog posts
#smallcells, #femtocells from @Nokianetworks
Highly reliable indoor coverage will become essential to ensure that new applications and services are supported as they make our homes smarter. The Nokia Femtocell Multi-band Residential helps the operators in extending 3G and LTE coverage and capacity to the home, efficiently and cost effectively.