Europe, the home market for the company, is one of the top revenue earners. We serve all the largest telecom operators in the region, which is stretching from western Greenland to Kamchatka in Russia’s Far East, and from the Svalbard Islands near the North Pole to the southern tip of Israel. Europe is led by Markus Borchert, Senior Vice-President.
Recent projects include:
- Orange, Nokia Networks team up on Telco Cloud, Achieving first voice call in a fully virtualized IMS experimental environment
- Nokia Networks partners with Finland’s Aalto University as well as Coriant and EXFO to combine Network Functions Virtualization and Software Defined Networking for virtualized backhaul, transport and core mobile LTE network, a milestone in design and implementation of future mobile networks.
- Telenor selects Nokia Networks for VoLTE in Denmark to offer Danish customers superior voice quality and faster call setup times
- MegaFon selects Nokia Networks to build its 4G LTE network. Under this 7-year deal, a 4G nationwide network based on the Nokia Networks’ Single RAN (radio access network) technology will be built in order to benefit from greater capacity, higher data rates and low latency.
- Nokia Networks doubles speed in Sonera’s 4G network in Helsinki, with data rates up to 300 Mbps speeds on live LTE network in Helsinki thanks to LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation on 1800 and 2600 MHz frequency bands
- Elisa and Nokia Networks have jointly conducted successful tests of Centralized RAN under extreme load conditions at the packed Hartwall Arena in Helsinki. Running on the operator’s live LTE network, the solution delivered data uploads more than two and a half times faster, while cutting smartphone power consumption by one third.
- Nokia to help Malta operator, GO launch 4G. The project includes a major overhaul of GO’s national Radio Access Network (RAN) to be able to offer subscribers unparalleled mobile internet speeds, which in turn will provide the benefits of the latest technology and connectivity to the operator’s individual and business customers.
- Nokia Networks and Turkey’s Avea break 4G speed record with 3,6 Gbps in a live demo in Turkey
- Spanish rail administration ADIF has awarded a Nokia a contract to maintain GSM-R telecoms on its high speed network in 2015-24
- Europe Market Head: Markus Borchert
- Media contact: email@example.com