5G Future X: Unleashing the potential of 5G
5G Future X: deliver breakthrough network performance and reduce costs
Rapidly developing communications technology is changing lives, transforming businesses. High speed, high capacity and low latency 5G technologies are the cornerstones of future connectivity that enable new growth opportunities, whether industries looking to adopt fourth industrial revolution capabilities or a service provider aiming to deliver an immersive experience to thousands of spectators in a stadium.
Achieving the full potential of 5G demands an end-to-end architecture approach that supports a wide range of technical and commercial requirements.
Nokia 5G Future X is the first end-to-end 5G portfolio of solutions, software and services to fulfil all these needs, providing Communications Service Providers (CSPs) with the opportunity to take early advantage of the promise of 5G.
Imagine a world where your network has:
- Such concentrated power that it breaks limits
- Such flexiblility that it adapts to you
- Such intelligence that it nurtures itself
- Such efficiency that it is green
5G Future X enables CSPs to launch demanding 5G use cases based on the first commercial standards definition from 3GPP. With its architecture based approach it is prepared for the future and makes a true difference to CSPs and their customers.
- Provides outstanding performance at the lowest cost per bit
- Full end-to-end support to build a working commercial network
- New ReefShark chipsets increase cell site throughput by a factor of three and slashes massive MIMO antenna size and power consumption
- Embeds AI capabilities to optimize radio resources and support network slicing
- Automation using Nokia's open machine learning technology delivering Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) savings of up to 30%
- Future X combines high capacity 5G New Radio, core and SDN controlled 'Anyhaul' transport to provide a complete set of network capabilities for commercial 5G
- 5G New Radio software, as standardised in 3GPP R15 in December 2017, already fully operational in Nokia labs
- Network architecture and ReefShark chipsets provide superior scalability and performance, tripling throughput of Nokia's existing market leading RAN technology
5G is providing radically new connectivity capabilities that are agile and sustainable enough to meet the demands and bring about a new era of business for Communications Service Providers (CSPs).
Nokia 5G Future X is the first commercial 5G solution, allowing CSPs to gain an immense commercial advantage over their competitors by launching their networks early.
With 5G Future X, Nokia is providing a complete 5G solution that includes radio, baseband, transport, core, transformation services and business modelling, supported by customer experience management, short- and long-haul transport, cloud-native core, integrated management systems and turnkey services.
All this enables CSPs to provide their customers with outstanding performance at the lowest cost per bit.