Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station
Surpass conventional network capacity and resource limit, more efficient and more flexible networks, with lower costs. Create a radio network that can adapt to changing customer needs and is based on an approach that helps you to profitably provide personalized and superior data and voice services today.
Field proven Nokia Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station helps meet these aims at the lowest cost per megabyte for LTE and HSPA. Offering more flexibility, higher efficiency, lower costs and a superior customer experience, this award-winning LTE- Advanced capable base station has achieved a world record data speed of 4 Gbps.
The Nokia Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station is the world’s smallest high-capacity, Software-defined, multi-technology base station. No additional cabinet, cooling or shelter is needed as the BTS is perfectly suited for indoor as well as outdoor use. Together with the software that allows to share the Flexi Multiradio 10 System Module across GSM/WCDMA/LTE technologies, and cuts the System Module energy consumption by up to 50%, the new capabilities make Nokia’s Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station the most energy efficient base station on the market.
The high capacity, compact 25 liter, IP65-certified, Flexi Multiradio 10 System Module caters for growing mobile broadband traffic. The same hardware supports GSM/ EDGE, WCDMA/HSPA+ and LTE (TD/FDD)/LTE-Advanced and offers capacity sharing across radio technologies through unique system module sharing software. It also offers flexible capacity through the plug-in capacity extension sub-modules. This enables operators to grow capacity flexibly and cost-effectively and therefore meeting rising demand without needing more footprint.Compactness with high integration level makes Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station an benchmark also in energy consumption creating additional cost savings.
Highest level radio integration for lowest cost per megabyte
World’s first Multi-Band Multi-technology Active Antenna supporting higher order MIMO (4TX) in each band. Flexi Radio Antenna System (RAS) combines an ultra wideband antenna and multiple Remote Radio Heads (RRH) in a single enclosure, providing a higher level of space saving to the operator, reducing feeder losses and simplifying installation & maintenance.
Flexi RFM 3 sector 6-pipe 360 W is compact, 25 kg outdoor unit enabling the most compact, three-sector 2x2 MIMO configuration (360 W output power and a zero footprint) with just one module. It also supports a compact solution for 4x4 MIMO with just two modules.
- World’s most compact BTS,IP65,no cooling, no cabinet ,no shelter needed
- Unique unit level system module sharing software enables capacity sharing across GSM, HSPA and LTE
- LTE-A capable 4 Gbps world record data speed
- Flexible radio options for the lowest cost per megabyte – Flexi RAS, 3 & 6 pipe RF modules allowing world’s leading macro site compactness.
- Backbone of Zero CO2 emission site solution – achieving upto 70% reduction in energy consumption
- Common BTS OAM for multiradio sites
- Single transport function with common IP host
The business benefits:
- Reliable, award winning, field-proven(10 years)Flexi Base Station platform
- RF sharing capable RF units since 2008
- Same hardware with capacity sharing across different radio technologies.
- 3 sector 6 pipe RF modules make sites simpler – MIMO capability with less boxes and cables
- RF and system module re-purpose by software
- Outdoor capable modules, no cabinet ,no cooling, no shelter limitations