Nokia Siemens Networks wins TM Forum’s Solution Excellence Award 2011
Dublin, Ireland – 25 May 2011
Industry association recognizes company’s approach to field service management
TeleManagement (TM) Forum has awarded Solution Excellence Award 2011 to Nokia Siemens Networks for its automated approach to field service management. The award, established in 2007, recognizes the global leadership and innovation of leading companies in the communications industry.
“This award recognizes the importance of a strong connection between customer care and technical management in order to achieve an enhanced customer experience,” said Michael Matthews, head of strategy and business development at Nokia Siemens Networks.
The Nokia Siemens Networks solution for Field Service Management provides a real-time, holistic view of all field service activities. It is designed to be integrated with other Nokia Siemens Networks’ solutions such as Customer Care Automation (CCA), a powerful troubleshooting software engine that enables a seamless information flow to and from call center staff to field engineers.
Based on Software as a Service (SaaS) model, Field Service Management has been developed and piloted with Empower, a field service provider offering field engineering, construction and maintenance services to energy, telecom and other industries. Empower uses this solution to allocate resources for work orders based on their business value and the current location, schedules and skills of their field technicians.
Empower has estimated that Nokia Siemens Networks' Field Service Management has increased the efficiency of its field service engineers, allowing them to spend up to 17% more of their time on actual maintenance and problem resolution, while halving the time it spends on work planning. The SaaS model significantly reduces the company’s need to invest in new hardware, IT personnel or premises, and provides the flexibility of pay-per-use.
The award also cites Nokia Siemens Networks for its effective use of TM Forum Frameworx*, an industry-agreed approach to significantly reduce costs for service providers. TM Forum Frameworx conformance enables the whole telecom industry to improve agility, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction while reducing the total cost of ownership.
About Nokia Siemens Networks
Nokia Siemens Networks is a leading global enabler of telecommunications services. With its focus on innovation and sustainability, the company provides a complete portfolio of mobile, fixed and converged network technology, as well as professional services including consultancy and systems integration, deployment, maintenance and managed services. It is one of the largest telecommunications hardware, software and professional services companies in the world. Operating in 150 countries, its headquarters are in Espoo, Finland. www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com
Nokia Siemens Networks
Phone: +358 7180 31399
E-mail: johanna [dot] harjula [at] nokia [dot] com
Phone: +358 7180 31451
E-mail: mediarelations [at] nokia [dot] com
Notes to editors
Nokia Field Workforce Management Solution comprises:
- Field Service Management displays a real-time, 360° view of all field service activities. It enables value, skill and distance based workflow optimization for several days or even weeks ahead. It supports real-time optimization in changing conditions, 2-way field communications, and provides a location accessibility database. It also offers an extensive set of automatically generated, work value-based reports.
- Customer Care Automation draws data in real time from multiple sources, including customers’ handsets, displays the results to the customer care agent in everyday language and provides one-click resolutions which help the staff solve the customer problem instantly. Typical tasks such as trouble ticket generation and CRM call log functionalities are also part of a unified user interface. This reduces time spent on customer support and speeds up significantly the coordination of field operations. The system has yielded very tangible benefits for CSPs. The number of calls escalated has dropped significantly –in some cases as much as 98%.
*TeleManagement Forum Frameworx comprises key elements including:
- Business Process Framework (eTOM): A common process architecture for both business and functional processes.
- Information Framework (SID): A common reference model for the communications industry to describe enterprise management information. It allows easier, more effective integration between software applications.
- Application Framework (TAM): A standard framework to help service providers navigate the entire procurement process with their suppliers by grouping process functions and data into recognizable operations support and business support (OSS/BSS) applications or services.
- Integration Framework: It demonstrates how the above elements of Frameworx interact to create a standardized set of interfaces that enable rapid, repeatable, and flexible integration among systems. It also provides a platform to improve business agility.