Nokia Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, Nokia Networks operates at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. Nokia Networks provides the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
For Nokia, India is one of its top 10 high-growth regions. The manufacturing operations, global delivery centers and research and development setups in India reflect Nokia’ unwavering focus on the country and enhanced proximity to its customers. From launching and helping in rapid growth of 2G/ GSM technology in early 2000, to bringing high quality 3G services in 2011 onwards to the pioneer of 4G/ LTE technology in India in 2012 we have been at the forefront of partnering with telecom operators in India. Nokia has top market share in GSM and WCDMA, Managed Services, Packet Core and GSM-Railways.The company is a partner of choice for mobile operators to usher mobile data revolution in the country as the Nokia’ ‘MBit Index’ indicates that mobile data in the country has grown more than 87% in 2013.
Regional Customer Operations
Close to one-third of India’s mobile subscribers are carried by networks supplied, installed and managed by us for telecom operators in India. 10 Indian telecom operators, both public and private are our customers. In addition we are key telecom infrastructure supplier to Indian Defense and strategic telecommunication partner for GSM- Railways technology to Indian Railways, including Kolkata Metro Railways. The Largest telecom operators in India rely on our latest innovation in technology and our dedicated workforce of over 9000 service engineers to provide high quality and far reaching telecommunication services to citizens of India. These experts, in addition to managing networks 24/7 have also ensured network uptime and availability for our customers during disasters such as the Tsunami, North East India earth quakes, cyclones in Andhra Pradesh and Tamilnadu, Uttarakhand Floods and at the same time during big religious festivals like Rath Yatra in Orissa, Kumbh Mela in UP, Ambaji Temple festival in Gujrat etc which demand huge network resource due to gathering of millions of people.
Networks business in india – key facts
- 15000+ people (direct & indirect) ; 20 principle offices over 100 locations
- 280 million subscribers in India via 230,000 sites are served by our equipment
- Global Delivery Center at Noida & Chennai managing > 200 million subscribers globally across 86 countries. Service Management Capability Center in Noida.
- India’s largest international telecom infrastructure manufacturer with the first to manufacture 3G and LTE products locally
- Global R&D center in Bengaluru with 3000 people
- Early 4G/ LTE player, selected by Bharti Airtel for network deployment in Maharashtra
- Recognition – Awarded ‘Top Managed Services Vendor’ by Voice & Data, “Top Wireless Infrastructure company in 2013” by Amity University, Aegis Graham Bell Awards 2012 for innovative Vendor Telecom Product among others
Networks market leadership in India
- #2 in wireless infrastructure (source: Voice & Data 100)
- #1 in Managed services 160,000 sites serving 220 million subscribers across 22 circles – multi vendor capabilities (source: Voice & Data 100)
- Close to 30% market share in mobile broadband
- #1 in GSM-Railways
- #1 in Packet Core, critical for rising mobile data usage
- 10 Indian operators rely on us, including Aircel, Bharti, BSNL, Defense, Idea, Railways, Tata, Uninor, Videocon and Vodafone
Community and Sustainability
Nokia believes that the world is better when people are connecting. In connecting everybody and everything through its technologies in this connected world, Nokia is deeply committed to the sustainability of the planet and community globally and in India.
We are engaged in several community and sustainability programs across India in the field of education, capability and capacity building, environmental protection including wildlife conservation as well as supporting communities and underprivileged. In 2013 we supported local communities in Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai through over 50 different initiatives covering blood donation camps, food, supplies, clothes and other essential collection campaigns for
underprivileged through NGO engagements. In addition our employees regularly volunteer through our company initiatives to teach at Blind Schools, organizing sports events at government sponsored schools and imparting technical knowledge building at local schools.
In 2014 Nokia is going one step further by deepening its commitment to society in India by focusing on several initiatives targeted to deliver safe, accountable, and inclusive cities with and for girls in all their diversity, child’s rights and education initiatives through our partnership with Save the Children, supporting Technology education through incubation programs in India’s key technical and technology institutes. In addition helping local communities and workers to acquire new skills and capabilities for sustainable source of employment and better lives is a key initiative from Nokia under its “Bridge” program.
Nokia Networks India
7th Floor, Building 9A, DLF Cyber city, DLF Phase III Gurgaon – 122 002,
Switchboard: +91 124 4504000 +91 124 4504000 FREE
Head of India Region: Sandeep Girotra
Communications: Subhagata Mukherjee
subhagata [dot] mukherjee [at] nokia [dot] com