APAC & Japan
With more than 5000 employees across the Asia Pacific-Japan (APJ) region - excluding India and Greater China - we are able to offer a strong local presence and understanding of specific requirements and business needs across the whole region.
Where we operate
We work with 50 customers across APJ, including leading operators such as: NTT DOCOMO, KDDI, Softbank Mobile, SKT, KT, Telkomsel, Indosat, Vodafone Australia, Optus, Smart, Globe, AIS, DTAC, Viettel and Maxis.
The Asia Pacific region covers Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Key highlights of the region
- Japan R&D Innovation center in Tokyo will open in June 2015 that will focus on 5G and cloud-based R&D/innovations
- Cooperation with five major universities in Indonesia to train lecturers, offer scholarship and internship opportunities and arrange guest speakers and web-based training programs;
- ‘Nokia Networks Save Nature’ program – under which we adopted 1,000 trees for three years in the Pangrango Mountain, West Java. With our customers, we planted 3,000 mangroves in Bunaken and provided ICT and environmental workshops and tools for fishermen;
- Green Community Empowerment at Tambora (an underprivileged area in West Jakarta): a co-operative initiative with Trisakti University, using ICT & environmental programs and including a 3G dialogue with Yuyun Sukmawati-Global winner of Environmental award from Bali;
- Adopted 1300 foster kids in SDN Duri Pulo-Gambir and SD surrounding Cilincing ICT Development for 40 Papuan students, 5 schools in Surabaya & Bandung in Indonesia
- Only vendor to supply LTE technology (4G) to the three leading operators in Japan: NTT Docomo, Softbank Mobile, KDDI.
- Kawasaki Technology Center was established in 2009 to customize products for Japanese market (3G/4G), working closely with global R&D teams
- Network Operation Center set-up in 2011 for remote management and monitoring of network elements across Japan
- Outdoor Lab in Isehara, opened in 2012, where Japanese operators can gain firsthand experience of the company’s energy-efficient solutions in a real-life environment
- Deployed one of the world’s first APT 700 Mhz networks with Vodafone in New Zealand
- Providing 2G/3G & 4G network to SingTel Optus in Australia with a combination of TDD/ FDD networks.
- Nokia Networks Vietnam is focused on environmental protection programs such as Let’s Act GREEN. It also supports the Vietnamese Ministry of Information and Communications’ PC for Life program to provide poor children and adults from rural areas with personal computers.
- Training Academy and regional Intelligent Networks (IN) center of competence in Jakarta, Indonesia. This is the first center in the region that combines Network Planning-Optimization and Network Operation competences employing over 100 skilled engineers.
- Market leader in telecom infrastructure deployment and turnkey projects with all Indonesian GSM/UMTS operators; no. 1 managed services provider
- Supplied Southeast Asia’s 1st multiradio LTE-ready mobile network to MobileOne in Singapore
- Announced plans to set up a Advanced Technology Center (ATC) in Korea in 2015, focused on enhancing R&D activities, including 5G development, developing smart device-optimised applications, services and networks.
- Asia Cloud Computing Association, formed with other computing industry leaders in APAC to drive regional adoption, security and policy.
- Only International network vendor that supports all three major mobile operators in Korea