Chief Financial Officer
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial and Operating Officer, Nokia Networks
- Previously Chief Financial and Operating Officer, Nokia Networks.
- Joined NSN in 2012.
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (telecommunications), University of Ottawa, Canada. Bachelor of Economics, University of Ottawa, Canada. Master of Electrical Engineering (telecommunications), École Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada.
- Chief Financial Officer, NSN, February 2013.
- Chief Operating Officer, NSN, March 2012.
- Senior Advisor, leading private equity and global management consulting firms, January 2011 - March 2012.
- President, Carrier Voice over IP and Applications Solutions (CVAS) division, Nortel, 2008 - 2010.
- Leadership positions in Operations, Business Transformation, Broadband Networks, Optical Networks, and Core Data Networks, Nortel, 1998 - 2008.
- Multiple leadership and management roles related to Network Development at Bell Canada, 1990 - 1998.
Samih has more than 24 years of experience in the telecommunications industry. He is known as a strategic and results-oriented senior executive. He joined NSN in March 2012 as Chief Operating Officer. In 2013, Samih became Chief Financial Officer while maintaining his previous responsibilities. Before this, he served as a senior adviser to leading private equity and global management consulting firms. He has been a member of the Executive Board since March 2012 overseeing the transformation of NSN’s business operations that led to considerable improvement in its financial strength.
Samih was born in Lebanon. He is based in Germany, is married and has two children. His pastimes include world music, travelling, walking and golf.